21 Aug 2013

A WW4BB Guest Review: Homestuck by Andrew Hussie

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 8:22:00 pm





My Review


You have come to the right place my friend. This review and experience will CHANGE YOUR LIFE COMPLETELY. This interactive webcomic has kept me on my seat since the first page I read. I'm currently still reading this particular comic (shhh I can cheat it's a free country) but I plan to get fully updated by the end of this year.

The story goes as such: there's a game. This game is older then time and space itself. This game is responsible for creating universes and presents itself to the current universe when it's ready to build a new one. This game, played by four characters highlighted throughout the comic (John Egbert, Rose Lalonde, Dave Strider and Jade Harley), unwillingly bring on the apocalypse unto earth. Aided by an alien race who created the humans universe (a species called "trolls"), they begin to play the game in order to create the new universe and survive. However, they end up accidentally making an extremely powerful (and badass) villain called Bec Noir. This character brings about a threat to the current session as well as others (time travel is possible in this game) and must be stopped. However, to do this, they must restart the game somehow... 

I'm currently reading act 5 act 2 of this comic, and it's extremely interesting and complex and so far I AM ADDICTED. A few cons I have (which are few) is that I don't like the many character deaths (aughgh my feels y you do this), and the complex wording from some of the more "vocabulary intelligent" characters. in short, "the smart words are hard to understand and I'm too lazy to look it up", is my scenario. 

Still the webcomic Homestuck has GOT to be the most interesting thing I've ever stumbled upon and it has been the highlight of my summer. I highly recommend anyone who is above the age rating to experience it. You done good, Andrew Hussie. You done good. 

Read this webcomic here: http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=001901

Author Bio

Andrew Hussie is a prolific creator of webcomics. The most popular of his creations is Homestuck. Hussie, despite his massive popularity, has managed to maintain a level of privacy; details on his personal life (such as how old he is, for example) are scarce.









Review done by June Masters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips