4 Aug 2013

WW4BB Presents: A Review of The Chief of All Time by S.R. Howen

Posted by wiccawitch4 on 9:23:00 pm

The Chief of All Time by S.R. Howen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW! if I could give this more then five stars I would! I am totally speechless! Most incredible book I have EVER read! truly! I have read a lot of Native American stories but this one, wow, it is just amazing! the intricacy of the storyline is beautiful, unique, interesting and deep and the characters are beyond amazing!

Shannon Running deer is a trauma surgeon at the local hospital when Morning Dove comes into his life. When Morning Dove is struck by a hit and run driver, Running Deer's Grandfather tells him that only the Medicine of the people can save her. Having turned his back years ago on his heritage due to painful circumstance, Running Deer feels torn he wants to help this woman who he feels this strange connection with, but has relied on the white man way for too long. What is this strange power that Morning Dove has over him? and Where did she really come from?

Running Deer soon learns that the answers lay in the past. As Running Deer gets sucked back threw time again and again he learns the value of what was then and the hollowness of today. A great evil is chasing him and Morning Dove and it will stop at nothing to get the power it seeks. Running Deer must fully embrace himself and the role of the Medicine Man in order to fight off the evil and win Morning Dove for himself. Will he be strong enough to do it? or will he let his people down again, in this world as well as the next.

freaking Amazing book! I couldn't put it down for a second! I devoured every single word! I really didn't have a favourite character as their were so many interesting and unique people in the book. their were many people in the tribe and I liked a lot of them Jumper, walks heavy and grandfather were all key people who stood out to me. As well as many others! (I just can't remember all the names...lol)

the bad guy of course was awesome! was scary and never freaking gave up! I wanted to jump in to help Running Deer many times as the poor guy went threw pure hell!

S.R. I totally commend you for your work on this! it is amazing! as a Native American myself I loved every second I was reading it. the traditions, the people, the ceremonies! while some of course was fictional you could tell the work you put into making the traditions real and honest! so thank you for that! I felt right at home reading these parts as I am sure others will too.

for all of you out there who haven't read this yet! what are you waiting for! it is a must read! get it NOW!


View all my reviews


Shannon Running Deer is American Indian by blood, he has forsaken his people's ancient ways to embrace the "modern" world as a wealthy, highly successful trauma surgeon. 

His comfortable existence begins to unravel when, seemingly by chance, Shannon finds himself gradually drawn into the past. Pursued by an ancient evil, he knows he can change the future, if he can survive the past. 

In the tradition of Diana Gabaldon, S.R. Howen's MEDICINE MAN is a distinctive and atmospheric novel full of spirituality, mystical time travel, romance, passion, and suspense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site

 
  • Blogroll

    Get your own free Blogoversary button!
  • © Amanda Masters. Powered by Blogger.
  • Download

    Wordpress And Blogger Tips